Welcome to our Green-Schools blog.
This year we are trying to win the water flag. We will be implementing lots of different ways of conserving and saving water in our school and in our homes.
We have already started work on the flag. We have put together a new “Green Team” which consists of a pupil from each of the first and second classes. We have also been busy taking water meter readings with Mr. Phillips everyday and keeping check of how many times we flush the toilet in school.
We will keep you posted on our progress and our action plan as we go.
For now here are some of our top tips for saving water, so lets get started:
- Always keep an eye and an ear out for leaks
- Don’t let the tap run while brushing your teeth
- Have a shower instead of a bath
- Use a basin to wash your vegetables
- Use a bucket instead of a hose to wash your car
The Green Team