As we mentioned before we are currently working on getting the Green Schools water flag for our school. In order for us to win this flag we must try to conserve water and cut down on our usage and wasting of water.
Here are some ways that you can help us to win the flag by conserving water in your home:
- Turn off taps when brushing your teeth. (you can save up to 6 litres)
- Take a shower instead of a bath. (try not to use power showers as a 10 minute shower can be the same as 3 baths)
- Fill the kettle with the exact amount of water that you need.
- Use a basin to wash your fruit and vegetables instead of leaving the tap running.
- Use a watering can in the garden instead of a hose.
- Use your dishwasher and washing machine only when they are full.
- Always keep an eye out for leaky taps and drips and fix them.
Don’t forget to fill in the newsletter and keep bringing in those plastic bottles.
Thank you for your help,
The Green Team